Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Process with an ID #### is not running on Visual Studio 2015

When I installed both Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 on my computer,  and use 2013 to open my visual studio web project and doing my test/run at first without problem, and then use 2015 to open the same project and choose to debug, there is error "Process with an ID #### is not running" on Visual Studio 2015. I google the issue and there is following solution:

  1. Delete the \Documents\IISExpress folder using the following console command:
  2. Delete the applicationhost.config file which is placed within the \.vs\Config\ folder in your Visual Studio project root folder.
I tried both and the issue is gone. I think it's because 2013 had created some files which was used by 2015 but have issues.

https://www.ryadel.com/en/process-id-not-running-visual-studio-2015-fix/

No comments:

Post a Comment